- 1 Lb. italian sausage
- 2 large Russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4″ slices.
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 can oscar meyer bacon bits (or crumbled fresh cooked bacon)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale or swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
How to make it
- Brown sausage and crumble. Drain and set aside.
- Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, garlic in pot and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
- Add sausage and bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer for another 10 minutes
- Turn to low heat
- Add Kale and cream
- Heat through and serve
Serve with a crusty garlic bread and you have the Olive Garden right in your own home!Â I kinda switched up the recipe a little bit.Â I used 3 potatoes instead of 2 (wish I had done 4), 4 garlic cloves instead of 2, and I used all chicken broth, no water.Â You will think you are at Olive Garden with this Zuppa Toscana copycat recipe.